Recipe by Umberle
I pulled this from the current issue of vegetarian times. The lime juice adds a unique touch. You can substitute lemon juice but the dish losses its unique character.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 9 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, lime zest and cumin in large bowl. Add tomatoes chickpeas, and basil , and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Add corn to pasta water 2 minutes before end of pasta water 2 minutes before end of cooking time. Drain, and toss with tomato mixture. Serve warm or and room temperature.