Prep 15 mins
Cook 19 mins
Source: Land 'O Lakes website
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup leek, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- fresh dill sprig, if desired
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan until sizzling; add leek and garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until leek is softened (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in tomatoes, sugar and pepper.
- Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil (5 to 7 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover; cook until tomatoes are tender (8 to 10 minutes).
- Add milk, cream of mushroom soup and chopped dill.
- Continue cooking until soup is heated through (3 to 5 minutes).
- Garnish with fresh dill sprigs, if desired.