Recipe by Chef Sunshine
This is a light meal that has a taste of summer in it.
Top Review by maryjane in spain
Yummy - I made the basic recipe (deseeding and dicing the tomatoes and adding grated cheddar to each layer) Perfect for using up August garden vegetables. Add anything else you have in your fresh veg stores today. Would have been a 5 star recipe if it weren't for the calorific count !
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 8 ears fresh corn
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced (or diced, however you prefer)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until crisp and evenly brown; drain. Chop bacon, and set aside.
- Cut corn from cobs. There should be about 4 or 5 cups of corn kernels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the bacon and salt & pepper, and remove from heat.
- Spread a layer of the corn mixture into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish, then layer with tomatoes. Repeat layers twice, ending with tomatoes on the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until corn is tender.
- Add cheese if desired, you can also mix into the layers of the bake.