Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is so easy and tastes amazing! I found this recipe when I needed to use an over abundance of tomatoes and basil from the garden. A wonderful light and healthy recipe to make in the summer when these ingredients are at their freshest! Serve as a side dish or as a main course.
- 4 -5 medium very ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil (do not use dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced (depending on how garlicky you like it use more or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces radiatore (penne also works well or any pasta you prefer)
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- Mix tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta until al dente then drain.
- Toss pasta with tomato mixture and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Nice recipe to use up some fresh tomatoes out of the garden. I added shrimp, little cayenne pepper and garlic salt...the feta is a must! I served it with warm crunchy buttery french bread. :)
Yummy. Easy, delicious and fast. From start to finish it took me about 20 minutes and the result was tasty. Right on with the salt, anymore and it would have been too salty because of the feta. I will be making this again. I may add some garbanzo beans next time to add protein and make it a meal. Great way to enjoy homegrown perfect tomatoes. Thank you.
Simply Deliscious! From my 2 year old to my husband, everyone loved this dish. I too increased the garlic, and I also lightly sauteed the garlic in a little olive oil before mixing in step #1. I can't wait to share with friends.