Recipe by Dawn Gusty
We didn't have any cans of tomatoes one night but plenty of fresh ingredients so I threw this together and it's the best sauce we've ever had! Lots of variations exist and it's super easy.
- 4 raw tomatoes (medium to large)
- 4 garlic cloves (I say the more the better!)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh basil
- pine nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree tomatoes with olive oil, butter, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, and sugar. Set aside.
- Separately, puree the fresh basil, olive oil, and pine nuts.
- We use either farfalle, rigatoni, or penne pasta.
- Stir two mixtures together. See optional toppings below:.
- crumbled goat cheese.
- fresh grated parmesean.
- toasted pine nuts, walnuts or pecans.
- Italian turkey sausage, shrimp, or grilled chicken.