Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a low good fat version of a grilled cheese seasoned with fresh and dried herbs and garden fresh tomatoes. I used a regular pan but for ease you can use a nonstick pan.
- 2 slice bread
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 0.25 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 42.52 g sliced low-fat cheese
- 2 slice fresh tomatoes
- 2-4 fresh basil leaves
- Mix oil and dried herbs and spread on 1 side of both slices of bread.
- Preheat non stick pan to medium heat.
- Seasoned side down add slice of cheese, tomato, fresh ground pepper, basil and other slice of cheese topping with second slice of bread seasoned side up.
- Place in pan with a weight on it and cook for 1 minute till browned flip and cook for an other minute till cheese is melted.
Yum! What's not to love. I used butter as well as olive oil. Thanks for posting. I'm already looking forward to my next sandwich.
Wonderful grilled cheese. This is great with the oil and the italian seasoning. Great idea! It was great with my fresh tomatoes. Thanks Rita :) Made for Holiday tag game
Yum! This makes a great meal! I made using thick slices of sourdough bread, mozzarella cheese and heirloom tomatoes. The olive oil and Italian seasoning on the toasted outside is a tasty touch. Thanks for the post.