Recipe by Rita~
This is a low good fat version of a grilled cheese seasoned with fresh and dried herbs and garden fresh tomatoes. I used a regular pan but for ease you can use a nonstick pan.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sliced low-fat cheese
- 2 slices fresh tomatoes
- 2 -4 fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil and dried herbs and spread on 1 side of both slices of bread.
- Preheat non stick pan to medium heat.
- Seasoned side down add slice of cheese, tomato, fresh ground pepper, basil and other slice of cheese topping with second slice of bread seasoned side up.
- Place in pan with a weight on it and cook for 1 minute till browned flip and cook for an other minute till cheese is melted.