Recipe by Marie
Use refrigerated crescent rolls for the pizza dough and top with fresh sliced tomatoes and a drizzle of garlic basil oil. Finish off with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and bake. Delicious and so simple.
Top Review by Deanna Kyre
This was very tasty! I think next time I might even use more basil. Also, maybe my oven runs hotter than I realized, but I baked both times for the shortest time given and my bottom turned out pretty dark so I'll go a few mins less next time too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 -4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle and press into an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Seal seams and perforations and bake at 375° for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic and basil in oil over low heat just until garlic softens - but do not brown the garlic.
- Sprinkle half of mozzarella over the crust.
- Place sliced tomatoes over cheese and drizzle oil mixture over.
- Top with rest of mozzarella, sprinkle with Parmesan, Italian seasoning and black pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 14 more minutes or until cheese is melted.