Recipe by HeartbreakLullaby8389
I got this recipe from my mom, and it's one of my favorites. It's easy, not too time-consuming, and it tastes great. It's a little bit spicy, though, so if you don't like spicy food, you might not enjoy this.
Top Review by Dinu
yeah i saw this at the back of a barilla box, and it makes lovely pasta. i served it with shrimp (Recipe #126599) and everybody loved it ;) suggestions: i used linguini pasta instead and added tomato sauce (tomato sauce water mix to make sure it's not too thick.. this way the pasta stays moist).. plus i used canned peeled tomatoes as they are much softer in texture.
- 8 ounces dried mostaccioli pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups of coarsely chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, red pepper.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat for about two minutes or until the tomatoes are warm and release some of their juices.
- Stir in spinach, heat just until greens are wilterd.
- To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture; sprinkle with parmesean cheese.