Recipe by Little Sand Fairy
This quiche is the best I have ever had. It has a bit of a bite to it with the Chilli pepper sauce although you could leave this out. The parmesan pastry also adds to the flavour. This came from a BBC calendar for September.
Top Review by Ginger Rose
This was really tasty! I actually used "normal" tomatoes and an onion instead of the shallot. I love the combination of tomato and goat cheese so this recipe is definitely one I'll use again!
- 175 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 85 g butter, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 150 ml double cream
- 4 teaspoons chilli hot pepper sauce
- 100 g goat cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, add parmesan and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of cold water, and briefly knead to make a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6/fan oven 180°C Put a baking tray into the oven.
- Use pastry to line a 23cm/9in loose bottomed flan tin. Prick base with a fork, line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake on the hot baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove beans and paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside. Reduce oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160°C.
- Fry the Shallot and garlic in the oil for 4 minutes.
- Mix with tomatoes and parsley in a bowl. Spoon into pastry.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, whisk with mustard, double cream, chilli sauce and seasoning. Pour this over the filling, top with the goats cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.