- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Process tomatoes until smooth in a food processor.
- Heat the butter, add onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until the onions are soft.
- Add flour, stir until combined.
- Remove from heat, gradually stir in the tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and sugar, simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stir in herbs.
- For the Parmesan toast, combine butter and cheese, spread over the bread.
- Grill until melted.
- Serve soup with Parmesan toast.