Top Review by surfin' chef
yum... just a few minor adjustments. I used a mix of cherry and juliet tomatoes from my garden ... i doubled the garlic and used about 4 Tbsp of basil. Served over penne regate. Lovely!
- 4 large plum tomatoes (about 1lb)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, seed and julienne tomatoes.
- In large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Cook garlic until softened (about 1 minute).
- Pour in stock and wine.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, basil and remaining butter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes longer, stirring.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with angel's hair pasta and freshly grated parmesan.