Recipe by ugogirl
We went camping with 7 other couples one weekend, and each of us brought a dish to pass to go with the grilled meat. One of my friends brought this delightfully light, tasty and refreshing salad. It's a great side-dish to help use up the last of the season's fresh, home-grown tomato crop. The salad bowl was emptied quickly with most of us wishing for more!!
Top Review by ~SarahBeth~
This was great for lunch! On another reviwers suggestion I added a bit of mint to my dressing. I did use dried oregano. I also chopped my tomatoes a little smaller. I used a sundried tomato basil feta and it was just wonderful! Great light salad that is hearty at the same time! I paired this with some grilled chicken and it was great! Made Zaar Chef's ABC tag!
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, cored and wedged
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 scallions, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Set yogurt in a fine strainer to drain for 30 minutes. Discard liquid.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes with salt in a bowl, set aside 15 to 20 minutes until liquid accumulates.
- Whisk all other ingredients, except feta cheese, together. Pour over tomatoes and juice and toss. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place feta on top of tomatoes and serve.