1/1 Photo of Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta With Toasted Pine Nuts
This is the essence of summer - fresh tomatoes and basil with pasta. An old Weight Watchers recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot boil pasta until al dente. Drain.
- 2In heavy skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Add tomatoes and thyme; cook stirring frequently, until tomatoes are hot, yet still retain their shape and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove and discard fresh thyme sprig, if used. Add basil and drained pasta; toss until heated.
- 4Transfer to serving bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly with pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta With Toasted Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: