1/1 Photo of Fresh Tomato and Basil Chicken over Super Creamy Polenta
From Rachael Ray
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 pint red grape tomatoes
- 20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1Bring 3 cups chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- 2While the stock is coming to a boil; heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat with the olive oil.
- 3Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes; add chicken to the hot skillet and cook 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Scoot the chicken over to the edges of the skillet, then add in the onions and garlic; continuing to cook for 3 more minutes.
- 5Add the remaining cup of chicken broth and cook 3-4 minutes or until reduced by half.
- 6While the sauce is reducing, whisk the quick-cooking polenta into the boiling broth in the saucepan until it masses; stir in the mascarpone cheese and Parmigiano and season with salt and pepper; you want the polenta to be slightly loose; if it gets too tight, stir in some more broth to loosen it up a little.
- 7To finish the chicken, add in the yellow and red grape tomatoes, stir to combine and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes are heated through and starting to burst.
- 8Add in the basil and toss with the chicken and tomatoes.
- 9Serve the polenta in shallow bowls and top with the fresh tomato and basil chicken.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Tomato and Basil Chicken over Super Creamy Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 112.4 mg
- Sodium 1034.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: