From Rachael Ray
Make and share this Fresh Tomato and Basil Chicken over Super Creamy Polenta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 pint red grape tomatoes
- 20 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Bring 3 cups chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan.
- While the stock is coming to a boil; heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat with the olive oil.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes; add chicken to the hot skillet and cook 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Scoot the chicken over to the edges of the skillet, then add in the onions and garlic; continuing to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the remaining cup of chicken broth and cook 3-4 minutes or until reduced by half.
- While the sauce is reducing, whisk the quick-cooking polenta into the boiling broth in the saucepan until it masses; stir in the mascarpone cheese and Parmigiano and season with salt and pepper; you want the polenta to be slightly loose; if it gets too tight, stir in some more broth to loosen it up a little.
- To finish the chicken, add in the yellow and red grape tomatoes, stir to combine and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until the tomatoes are heated through and starting to burst.
- Add in the basil and toss with the chicken and tomatoes.
- Serve the polenta in shallow bowls and top with the fresh tomato and basil chicken.