Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This probably doesn't really qualify as an actual recipe, but it tastes so good I thought I'd post it. Although I love cooking, when DH is out of town I often take a break and make whatever I feel like, so this was my dinner last night! I picked a fresh tomato from our garden and it couldn't have been more delicious!
- 1 large tomatoes (not from the supermarket!)
- 1 large avocado
- olive oil, for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut up tomato and avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, but not too much or it will overpower the other flavors!
Yummy, simple and wonderful. Thanks for reminding us to just enjoy what's fresh and delicious right now! I might add a little fresh corn lightly steamed then cut from the cob-- or would that be gilding the lily?
Yumm Yumm!! I picked some tomatoes out of my garden and my store had perfect avocados today!! I also have an avocado plant in my yard but he is still young and has no avocados yet. Love the combo of tomatoes and avocado and I used a really good balsamic which just made it heavenly. Thanks!!