Recipe by zeldaz51
A light, no-cook dish great in a summer night with some rice, pickles and miso soup. From The Japanese Cooking Class Cookbook.
- 3 -4 green onions
- 3 green shiso leaves
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 lb tofu, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dried bonito flakes
- 2 tablespoons pared grated fresh gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut green onions into 1/-inch thick slices. Remove stems from shisho; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips. Stack strips; cut crosswise into 1 1/8-inch wide strips.
- Place 1 teaspoons soy sauce in each of 4 small bowls for dipping sauce.
- Cut tofu into pieces, approximately 1 1/2 X 3 X 1 inches. Place about 1/4 of the tofu in each of 4 serving bowls.
- Sprinkle shiso, green onions, and bonito flakes over tofu, dividing evenly. Place 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger next to tofu in each bowl. Serve with soy dipping sauce on the side.