1/3 Photos of Fresh (That Means Raw) Broccoli Salad
My friend Judy Montagu has a bi-weekly food column in the Jerusalem Post (weekend edition). She's always coming up with interesting recipes from all over the place (including Zaar). This recipe was featured in this week's column, and I know of at least 4 people who were so intrigued (myself included) that we had to try it out. It's really good. You wouldn't think it would be, but it is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 stalks broccoli
- 3/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins (preferably golden)
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1Cut the broccoli heads into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Peel the stems and cut them up also.
- 3Put the broccoli into a bowl together with the onion and the raisins.
- 4Combine the dressing ingredients two hours before serving and pour over the broccoli.
- 5Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh (That Means Raw) Broccoli Salad
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 322.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g