My friend Judy Montagu has a bi-weekly food column in the Jerusalem Post (weekend edition). She's always coming up with interesting recipes from all over the place (including Zaar). This recipe was featured in this week's column, and I know of at least 4 people who were so intrigued (myself included) that we had to try it out. It's really good. You wouldn't think it would be, but it is.
- Cut the broccoli heads into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the stems and cut them up also.
- Put the broccoli into a bowl together with the onion and the raisins.
- Combine the dressing ingredients two hours before serving and pour over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over just before serving.