Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another favorite from the Laos Thai Grocery in Omaha NE
Make and share this Fresh Thai spring rolls recipe from Food.com.
- rice paper sheet (these are not the same as wonton/eggroll wrappers, which must be cooked)
- clear noodles
- fried garlic (can purchased jarred or fry several chopped cloves of garlic)
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml thin soy sauce
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml white pepper or 4.92 ml red pepper
- mung bean sprouts
- lettuce (any kind)
- fresh basil
- cilantro, chopped
- cooked sliced chicken breast
- plum sauce
- sweet chili sauce, mixed with
- peanuts (for dipping)
- Soak clear noodle in hot/boiling water till soft.
- Place oil and garlic in large pan/wok and cook, add noodles, stir fry.
- Add soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl.
- Assemble other ingredients on counter or table in bowls.
- Soak 1 rice paper in warm water until soft,no longer than 30 seconds (or they will get too soggy) and lay on a plate or counter.
- Layer on rice paper: lettuce, plum sauce, chicken, noodle, cilantro, basil, sprouts, (all to taste but remember that you have to roll this all up inside).
- Carefully start to roll up eggroll style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up.
- Serve immediately.
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! My family and I enjoy the food at Thai Laos Market in South Omaha. We have not receive a unpleasant food experience yet. Their food and service has always been great. We have been going there for about 11 years now.Fresh Spring Rolls are our favorite sometimes I have order 2 or 3 orders for a meal.
my husband and I enjoyed these with the peanut sauce from Peanut-Thai (Peanutty) Chicken With Vermicelli
These are such lovely and fresh tasting spring rolls. I added some julienned carrots but didn't change anything else. Served with Nam Prik Nam Pla Nam Prik Nam Pla (Traditional Thai Sauce). Thanks for a great recipe.