Another favorite from the Laos Thai Grocery in Omaha NE
Make and share this Fresh Thai spring rolls recipe from Food.com.
- rice paper sheet (these are not the same as wonton/eggroll wrappers, which must be cooked)
- clear noodles
- fried garlic (can purchased jarred or fry several chopped cloves of garlic)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper or 1 teaspoon red pepper
- mung bean sprouts
- lettuce (any kind)
- fresh basil
- cilantro, chopped
- cooked sliced chicken breast
- plum sauce
- sweet chili sauce, mixed with
- peanuts (for dipping)
- Soak clear noodle in hot/boiling water till soft.
- Place oil and garlic in large pan/wok and cook, add noodles, stir fry.
- Add soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and place in bowl.
- Assemble other ingredients on counter or table in bowls.
- Soak 1 rice paper in warm water until soft,no longer than 30 seconds (or they will get too soggy) and lay on a plate or counter.
- Layer on rice paper: lettuce, plum sauce, chicken, noodle, cilantro, basil, sprouts, (all to taste but remember that you have to roll this all up inside).
- Carefully start to roll up eggroll style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up.
- Serve immediately.