Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
From a good friend in Texas. We don't care for the large amount of cilantro so adjust to taste.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
Great fresh salsa! A friend reminded me she has been making and loving this recipe for years now, ever since I shared it with her. I forgot I'd given her the recipe. *blush*. We also enjoy this salsa. I reduced the canned green chiles to four ounces, and like another reviewer, added fresh garden peppers and lime juice. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 7 medium tomatoes, chopped fine
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 2 yellow hot peppers, chopped fine
- 8 ounces chopped canned green chilies
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked off stem and chopped fine (adjust to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt