Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a favorite everytime I take it to a party. I am constantly asked for the recipe, which I got from an uncle when I tasted it and loved it myself. The ingredients all taste so fresh together, and it's a great low fat/low cal dip!
- 1 can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 can original Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 2 pinches cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- fresh jalapeno (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Drain can of whole tomatoes.
- Put all items into food processor/blender.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Also makes a great salad dressing!
Very tasty, quick, and true to average Texas Mex restaurant authenticity. I used 3 dry red chilis in place of jalapenos. One warning though from my first try: Unless you're very brave, don't add a 1/2 bottle of Tabasco.
Delicious! I substituted fresh parsley for the cilantro, since I don't care for cilantro. I also added just a bit of lime zest. Its my favorite salsa now!!! I didn't add jalapenos, but still got wonderful flavor!