1/4 Photos of Fresh Summertime Vegetable Salad
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
With summer here salads just seem to be what I crave with my meals. This is a colourful salad that can be prepared ahead of time using mainly ingredients that are locally available and be ready and waiting when you get home, or take it along for as part of a picnic. Try to use fresh tarragon. It has far more flavour than dried. The tomatoes to use are those wonderful large slicing tomatoes that are available in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb French haricots vert, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced then halved
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1Steam the Haricots verts beans until tender crisp (about 3 min).
- 2Drain, run under cold water to stop cooking and drain again.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the vegetables and feta cheese.
- 4Prepare dressing by whisking together all ingredients.
- 5Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- 6Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Summertime Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 301.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g