Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very old family recipe. Really brings back fond summer memories!!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cooked, drained but saving 1/2 cup liquid aside
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thick sour cream, do not sub light
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, crumbled
- Saute onion and parsley in butter, then stir in flour.
- Add 1/2 cup liquid from beans to flour paste and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in rest of ingredients except bacon. Pour sauce over beans.
- Sprinkle top with crumbled bacon.
This was awsome.. I'm pregnant and was too tired to make one night, but the next morning I got up and made it around 9am and it was sooo goooood... Will definately make again!
My 5 yo and myself didn't really care much for this, but my husband really enjoyed it and ate a ton. There was just something in the flavors that didn't mesh well for me. I used frozen green beans, cooked in enough water to have the green bean water the recipe calls for. Other than that I followed the recipe. Thanks anyway, but I probably won't make this again unless my husband requests it.
I wasnt sure I would care for this very much but OK I can admit when I'm wrong, wrong, wrong! These green beans were fabulous! I was skeptical about the sour cream/green bean mix but boy were these a great combination of flavours! I'll make this one again and again. Straight to my veggie cookbook for this one! Made for ZWT4.