Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so simple and tasty! It goes with just about everything-try it on eggs, or grilled chicken, on tacos, with tortilla chips...the possibilities are endless.
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeno, minced (or more, to taste)
- Chop all vegetables, and toss together with remaining ingredients.
I made this salsa and used it in another dish that called for bottled salsa. This was so good and really enhanced the chicken dish. I loved the contrasting tastes of the ingredients used. I make one slight change, and that was to use 2 Tbsp. vinegar and 1 Tbsp. of fresh lime juice. It gave the salsa a great fresh taste. Thanks for sharing this recipe that I will be using again.