Recipe by TJW
Tomatoes, feta cheese, fresh spinach, fresh herbs and parmesan, mixed with a fresh lime/oil dressing make these stuffed tomatoes a really good summer snack or side dish. Sometimes we make it a meal with fresh baked baguettes and herbed butter.
- 4 large tomatoes, tops cut off, and hollowed out, insides reserved
- 20 fresh spinach leaves, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (marinated is good)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded stemmed, and finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh chives
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the insides of the tomatoes and put them in a bowl (I leave the seeds out as best I can).
- Destem the spinach and chop finely, add to the bowl. Do NOT use frozen spinach for this, if you can't get fresh, use rucola lettuce, or mangold or something else.
- Add the bell pepper, feta, herbs, and jalapeno, mix well.
- As for the herbs, use whatever is fresh in your garden, be creative!
- Add lime juice, and oil, stir well and add salt and pepper to taste. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture, and top with parmesan cheese.
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.