Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This super moist cake weeps pink tears down its tender slices. AMAZING!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt or 8 ounces vanilla, greek yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325*. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
i imagine this being served at Suri Cruise's tea parties. i used strawberry yogurt and added a teaspoon of almond extract. don't skip the lemon glaze, though you could. the cake has the consistency of a sweet, moist muffin. a huge hit. thank you!
Delicious tasty cake!I used low fat organic strawberry yogurt for mine and it turned out great so the yogurt doesn't have to be a thick greek,it works well with a thinner one also.An easy fresh tasting cake..
Delicious!! I don't do reviews, but had to about this recipe. I substituted 1/2 plain greek yogurt & 1/2 sour cream. I didn't do the glaze, since we couldn't stop eating the cake long enough to make it.