Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This super moist cake weeps pink tears down its tender slices. AMAZING!
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325*. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
Delicious tasty cake!I used low fat organic strawberry yogurt for mine and it turned out great so the yogurt doesn't have to be a thick greek,it works well with a thinner one also.An easy fresh tasting cake..
i imagine this being served at Suri Cruise's tea parties. i used strawberry yogurt and added a teaspoon of almond extract. don't skip the lemon glaze, though you could. the cake has the consistency of a sweet, moist muffin. a huge hit. thank you!
Divine. Easy to make and DELICIOUS! The mix of strawberry and lemon SCREAMS SUMMER :) I used plain greek yogurt, Meyer lemons and a few extra strawberries. Fabulous. The cake without the lemon glaze is amazing but don't leave it out. Thank you!