Recipe by Nana Lee
Strawberry season is here! The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Then, just fill and enjoy!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (15-oz box)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly, melted
- 6 tablespoons chocolate fudge topping, heated
- 1⁄3 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (or whipped whipping cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly.
- Cut 6 rounds from crust with 4-inch round cutter or trace 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife (piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups.
- Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup.
- Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and melted jelly.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell.
- Garnish each with whipped topping.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake at 450°F 5 to 6 minutes.
- EXCHANGES: 1 Starch; 2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.