Nana Lee's Note:
Strawberry season is here! The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Then, just fill and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (15-oz box)
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly, melted
- 6 tablespoons chocolate fudge topping, heated
- 1/3 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (or whipped whipping cream)
- 1Heat oven to 450°F
- 2Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- 3Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly.
- 4Cut 6 rounds from crust with 4-inch round cutter or trace 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife (piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- 5Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 6Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups.
- 7Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup.
- 8Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- 9Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Cool 5 minutes.
- 11Carefully remove from muffin cups.
- 12Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and melted jelly.
- 14Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- 15Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell.
- 16Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell.
- 17Garnish each with whipped topping.
- 18High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake at 450°F 5 to 6 minutes.
- 19EXCHANGES: 1 Starch; 2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Tarts - P
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 211.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g