Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Found this originally on the Pillsbury site.
- 1 (15 ounce) pie crusts, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry glaze
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge topping, heated
- 1⁄3 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly.
- Cut 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife(piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups.
- Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup.
- Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and glaze.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell.
- Garnish each with whipped topping.
- If desired, a sprinkling of toasted almond slivers.