Recipe by Manami
The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Found this originally on the Pillsbury site.
- 1 (15 ounce) pie crusts, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry glaze
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge topping, heated
- 1⁄3 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly.
- Cut 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife(piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups.
- Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup.
- Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from muffin cups.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and glaze.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell.
- Garnish each with whipped topping.
- If desired, a sprinkling of toasted almond slivers.