1 hr 15 mins
The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Found this originally on the Pillsbury site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) pie crusts, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry glaze
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge topping, heated
- 1/3 cup frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- sprinkling of toasted slivered almonds, garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 2Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface.
- 3Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly.
- 4Cut 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife(piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- 5Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 6Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups.
- 7Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup.
- 8Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- 9Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Cool 5 minutes.
- 11Carefully remove from muffin cups.
- 12Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and glaze.
- 14Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- 15Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell.
- 16Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell.
- 17Garnish each with whipped topping.
- 18If desired, a sprinkling of toasted almond slivers.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.9
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 529.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: