Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A pretty pre-baked tart shell that's filled with fresh whole sweet red strawberries in a simple liqueur-infused glaze, and topped with dollops of freshly whipped cream...what's not to like? Enjoy! :) From the local newspaper.
- 1 (9 inch) pre-baked sweet tart crust
- 2 1⁄2 pints fresh ripe strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4 ounces strawberry jelly (or red currant jelly)
- 1 tablespoon plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons strawberry liqueur (or brandy)
- freshly whipped cream (to serve)
- Wash and hull strawberries. Dry thoroughly.
- Heat the jelly slowly in a pan, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the liqueur and add to the jelly. Stir and heat until mixture is clear.
- Remove from heat and toss with strawberries.
- Arrange in cooled crust.
- Chill for several hours before serving with dollops of freshly whipped cream.
- Note: Time does not include chill time.