Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Yummy! I love strawberries. This recipe is from Bon Appetit.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- To make the sorbet: Combine 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and chill until cold.
- Puree quartered strawberries in processor until smooth. Add lime juice and sugar syrup; process until blended. Chill mixture until cold, about 1 hour.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into container; cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen.
- To make shortbread cookies: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly butter 9-inch diameter springform pan. Whisk flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Add 1/2 cup butter and rub in with fingertips to make a coarse meal. Gather dough together and form into ball; flatten into a disk. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2 inch thick round. Transfer round into prepared pan. Using fingers, press dough evenly over bottom to edges of pan. Using the tip of a small sharp knife, score dough into 8 equal triangles, then pierce all over with fork. Bake until shortbread is cooked through and pale golden, about 45 minutes.
- Using tip of knife, cut warm shortbread into triangles along scored lines. Run knife around shortbread to loosen. Cool in pan at least 30 minutes. Release springform pan sides. Using spatula, carefully remove shortbread from pan (shortbread will be fragile). Can be made 1 day ahead. Store in airtight container in single layer at room temperature.
- To serve: Scoop sorbet into individual glasses or bowls; garnish with fresh strawberries. Serve Shortbread Cookies alongside.