Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- Bring the sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Put the strawberries and lime juice into a food processor and puree.
- Press the strawberry puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.
- When the sugar syrup has cooled completely add it to the strawberry puree.
- Add the corn syrup and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Sorbet is particularly soft after churning but firms up after freezing.
- **Cook time does not include cooling sugar/water mixture OR freezing in ice cream maker.