Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I can't resist all the fresh strawberries, although this recipe works great with blueberries too. It's real simple, just a few ingredients and you have fresh strawberry sauce. A simple sauce to drizzle over about a million things. One of my favorite things to do is to whip something up out of nothing.
- 453.59 g fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
- 59.14 ml sugar or 59.14 ml sugar substitute
- 59.14 ml water
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 1 good squeeze fresh lemon
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes until thickened. Let cool and refrigerate.
- A million uses:.
- Spoon over ice cream, pancakes or waffles and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Drizzle over cheesecake or angle food cake.
- How about a trifle with layers of pound cake and whipped cream.
- Make a smoothie.
- Of course -- strawberry shortcake.