Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to love these as a kid. The black pepper is more an adult addition. It is really nicest on white bread.
- 8 slices white bread (thin slices)
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 9 ounces strawberries, cleaned and hulled, sliced fairly thickly
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Lightly butter the bread.
- Arrange the strawberry slices on the bread as close together as possible without overlapping.
- Sprinkle lightly with the sugar and add a few twists of black pepper if using, top with the other slice of buttered bread.
How have I never had one of these? OMG is right! I used some Hawaiian bread also, as I had it on hand and it sounded perfect for this! I scarfed mine down, I'm not embarrassed to say! Refreshing, especially for breakfast. Made in honor and memory of Pets'R'Us.
This was my breakfast this morning. I threw calorie consciousness out the window and slathered a King Hawaiian Roll with unsalted butter to pile on the thickly sliced strawberries. Yum. Yum. OMG. Yum. The lightest sprinkling of sugar and some fresh ground black pepper finished it off perfectly.
This was a great little sandwich. I have not been feeling well and wanted to eat something light and fruity. I sprinkled it with some balsamic vinegar and used half as much butter.... it was wonderful! Thanks Pets!