What a wonderful combination mother nature arranged to ripen at the same time. This pie is quick and simple. Prep time does not include pie crust.
- Line 9" pie plate with crust.
- Pour rhubarb and strawberries into large bowl and sprinkle with orange juice; mix gently.
- Add sugar, flour and salt and mix.
- Pour into pie plate and dot with butter; adjust top crust, seal and vent; cover edges with narrow piece of foil.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 375° and bake another 40-45 minutes until bubbling and browned.
- Remove foil last 10 minutes to brown edges if needed.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle liberally with sugar.
I love strawberry rhubarb pie....and this recipe will be the one that I will be making forever more (not that I am unwilling to try new...I will just know that this is the "IT" recipe. Simple, in this case, is best. I love it! I like another, forgot the butter, yet added it when I had the lattice top on (that worked okay). I loved it immensely!
made this pie several times now,We love it and it is simple Keep up the good work
Great recipe! I used it to begin my pie making career: Made my first fruit pie with it yesterday! It turned out well, even though I forgot the butter (oops.) I'll get the hang of this soon, and this is a great pie to use to start!