Recipe by looneytunesfan
May be frozen with or without glaze.
Top Review by IngridH
I was a little skeptical at first, when I saw that there was no water in this recipe, and the cake was very dense. However, the family just loved it, and every crumb was eaten. The only change I made was to add add enough water to the glaze to make is liquid enough to drizzle, and I topped the cake with quartered strawberries. This was a birthday cake for my dad, and he loved it. Thanks for making his birthday a sucess!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mashed strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake ingredients together in large mixing bowl; mix for 3 minutes. Pour in well greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325* for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; remove to serving plate.
- Combine glaze ingredients until smooth and spread over cake.