Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend gave me this recipe many years ago, so it a part of my strawberry season memories.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, baked
- 1 quart strawberry, cleaned
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup honey and 1/2 c sugar)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Put 2 cups whole berries in cooked shell.
- Make sauce of 2 cups crushed berries, water, cornstarch and sugar (or sugar/honey mix).
- Cook in saucepan over low heat until thick.
- Add butter and stir well until melted.
- Pour over whole berries in shell and refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.
This pie rocks!!! I had raspberries, no strawberries, and it worked fabulously!!! Thank you for such a great recipe!!!
I made and photographed this recipe for the Camera-less Chef Game. I love strawberries, but had never made a Strawberry Pie. This recipe was simple and turned out great. My whole family loved it!