Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the cooking Goddess, Betty Crocker. It was in Betty Crocker's New Cookbook,1996.I made it using Deluxe Butter Pie Pastry Dough for the crust. and then once using One Crust Pie Pastry. Both are awesome.This is very easy and perfect for a Georgia Spring Day. Refrigeration time not included
- 1 baked pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 quarts strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- In small bowl, mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and mashed strawberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread evenly in pie crust. Top with remaining strawberries. Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.