1/1 Photo of Fresh Strawberry Pie
I got this recipe from a magazine (Relish) that came with my local paper. Sounds like a great way to use fresh strawberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 42)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 cups hulled strawberries, divided (small works best)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla and butter and press into a 9-inch pie dish.
- 3Bake 10 minutes or until set and barely beginning to brown. Let cool.
- 4Slice 2 cups strawberries.
- 5Combine strawberries with 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and bring to a boil while mashing strawberries, cook 2 minutes.
- 6Push strawberries through a sieve with a spoon and discard any solids that remain.
- 7Measure juice and add water to equal 1 cup.
- 8Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in strawberry juice and lemon juice. Cook over med. heat until thickened. Boil 1 minute Remove from heat and stir in remaining vanilla.
- 9Place 1/3 of remaining berries in pie shell; drizzle with 1/3 of glaze.
- 10Repeat twice.
- 11Chill 2 hours or until set.
- 12Serve cold with whipped cream, if using.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: