Recipe by Doris1
I had tried various versions of strawberry which required cooking and mashing strawberries and cooking down until thickened or with gelatin. This recipe is so much simpler. Can have a pie ready in little no time. If in a hurry, I've also used a ready-made Shortbread pie crust.
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 1 pint strawberry, halved (longways)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (I use sugarfree)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place halved strawberries, cut side down, in pie crust, layering them.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute (over medium heat).
- Remove from heat; stir in jello and stir until well dissolved.
- Cool somewhat (about 10 minutes), then gently pour over strawberries in piecrust, making sure all strawberries are covered.
- Chill until set.
- Serve with dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip).
- Note: When covering pie with plastic wrap, spray the plastic wrap with Pam.
- This will prevent the wrap from sticking to the pie.