Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had tried various versions of strawberry which required cooking and mashing strawberries and cooking down until thickened or with gelatin. This recipe is so much simpler. Can have a pie ready in little no time. If in a hurry, I've also used a ready-made Shortbread pie crust.
- Place halved strawberries, cut side down, in pie crust, layering them.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the sugar, water and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute (over medium heat).
- Remove from heat; stir in jello and stir until well dissolved.
- Cool somewhat (about 10 minutes), then gently pour over strawberries in piecrust, making sure all strawberries are covered.
- Chill until set.
- Serve with dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip).
- Note: When covering pie with plastic wrap, spray the plastic wrap with Pam.
- This will prevent the wrap from sticking to the pie.
This is just like my strawberry pie recipe I got from an old boyfriend's mother. Except I use a graham cracker crust instead of a regular pie shell. YaYa
Yum! This recipe was really tasty. I used 1/2 cup of the Splenda & Sugar blend instead of the full cup sugar. I also added a teaspoon vanilla extract to the water like swissms did. I will make again! Thanks!
This is almost exactly the same as my recipe. The only difference is that my recipe calls for 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to be added at the same time as the water. In step 4, the water/sugar/cornstarch mixture should cook until it is thick and very transparent. I sometimes use whole strawberries which makes for a nice presentation. I have been making this pie for over 20 years and it always receives rave reviews (very fresh tasting and it is super simple to make). A favorite at summer parties.