I had tried various versions of strawberry which required cooking and mashing strawberries and cooking down until thickened or with gelatin. This recipe is so much simpler. Can have a pie ready in little no time. If in a hurry, I've also used a ready-made Shortbread pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place halved strawberries, cut side down, in pie crust, layering them.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Mix together the sugar, water and cornstarch.
- 4Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute (over medium heat).
- 5Remove from heat; stir in jello and stir until well dissolved.
- 6Cool somewhat (about 10 minutes), then gently pour over strawberries in piecrust, making sure all strawberries are covered.
- 7Chill until set.
- 8Serve with dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip).
- 9Note: When covering pie with plastic wrap, spray the plastic wrap with Pam.
- 10This will prevent the wrap from sticking to the pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.3
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g