Recipe by Chef Chino
I usually have a small tub of store-bought strawberry glaze in my pantry, in case I need to throw a last minute pie in a hurry. Otherwise, I would prepare my homemade glaze when I make my pie.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced into wedges
- 1 pie shell, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick the frozen pie crust with a fork, and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until pie crust is slightly brown.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a saucepan, stir until smooth and heat to just a gentle boil.
- Remove pie from oven, and stir in sliced strawberries.
- Pour glaze over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate overnight and serve chilled with cool whip or your favorite ice cream.