Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A wonderfully fresh and sky high pie! Top with cool whip or whipped cream. This recipe is really simple-even though it doesn't call for any jello mixes. Cook time is chill time.
- 3 quarts strawberries, hulled and washed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, baked
- Mash enough berries to equal 3 cups. Save the rest whole.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add the water and mashed berries.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes till thick. Cool until barely warm.
- Stir in the whole berries and mound into the pie crust.
- Chill for 2-3 hours.
This is the way my Mom and I have always made strawberry pie. It is to die for!