Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh strawberry pie, better than the ones offered by restuarants. I found the recipe in the Betty Crocker collection.
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1 pie crust
- Bake pie crust for single pie, cool.
- Beat lemon peel and cream cheese together. When crust is cool, spread cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup. Mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries. (you may add red food coloring if you want a deeper red) Cook over medium heat until thickened and boils - stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute.
- Pour over remaining strawberries and gentle stir to ensure all strawberries covered with mixture.
- Pour strawberry mixture over the cream cheese/pie crust. Refrigerate until set.
I used a graham cracker crust, but I really liked the cream cheese layer! It never ocurred to me to do that.