Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Muffin Recipe Index. It's a Cooking Light 1993 May/June recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well. Add fresh.
- strawberries; stir well, and make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring.
- just until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1-1/2.
- tablespoons sugar evenly over muffins. Bake at 350 deg for 25 minutes or until a.
- wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately; let.
- cool on a wire rack.