1/2 Photos of Fresh Strawberry Muffins
Simply Chris's Note:
This is a great recipe for muffins using fresh strawberries. It is a bit different from the other strawberry muffin recipes posted as it uses whole wheat flour, buttermilk and almond extract. These are really good warm from the oven for a special breakfast/brunch. As usual, I have modified the original to use sugar and egg substitutes and whole wheat flour. My family loves these and asks for them often in the summer when strawberries are in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 3Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, backing soda and salt.
- 4In a separate bowl beat together eggs substitute, almond extract, buttermilk and canola oil.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- 6Gently fold in the strawberries.
- 7Fill prepared mussin tins about 2/3 full.
- 8Top with cinnamon/sugar mmixture.
- 9Bake 15 mminutes or until tester comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 382.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g