Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
These muffins are really easy make and don't taste as sweet as some. The recipe says it makes 36 but I usually get about 22 out of this recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 375º and spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another smaller bowl, mix the milk, oil, and egg.
- Add wet mixture to dry, stirring just enough to mix it together.
- Do not over mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide mixture up between the muffin cups and sprinkle sugar over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes (mine usually take the whole 16 minutes but start checking at 12 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 3 minutes and then remove from pan to a rack to continue cooling or eat them while warm.
Very good muffins! They sure didnt last long, they are so tasty. I made a strawberry butter to go with them. YUM!