Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful topping for crepes or for vanilla ice cream. Weight Watcher friendly at 2 points for sauce. Fat free ice cream is an extra 2 points for 1/2 cup
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Stir strawberries and sugar in a large bowl.
- Let stand until berries release juices, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in marmalade, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Chill at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Fantastic, Abby! I wanted to eat it with a spoon......but it tastes wonderful on ice cream.....and I think I'm going to try it over a custard, as well. Thnx for sharing this great recipe, Abby. Made for KcK's Vegan Tag Game.
This was very easy and tasted great. Not somthing to put on toast, but great on cake or icecream. I used it as a topping for "Recipe #194508". The balsamic vinegar is a nice touch ans helps to balance out the sweetness.