Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the best icebox pie ever! Make this during the summer when sweet strawberries are in season. This is a perfect summer pie because it is cool, refreshing, and has a yummy fresh strawberry flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- whipped cream, for topping
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completley before filling.
- For filling: In a medium saucepan stir together sugar, cranberry juice, 2 cups strawberries, cornstarch, and salt. Using a potato masher, gently mash strawberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook, stirring frequently until very thick, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in remaining strawberries. Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Chill pie until set, at least 4 hours. Spread some whipped cream over pie leaving a 1 inch boarder around edge.